It’s been a while since I posted anything about this particular project (over a month, actually) and that’s mostly because I haven’t done anything. I’ve been quite distracted with Nerf gun modifications recently, as well as finally trying to put together some of my Airfix and Revell WWII miniatures in order to play I Ain’t Been Shot Mum (which is still fantastic).
Pretty much all I’ve done in the past few weeks is look at it and think about what I could do. There hasn’t been much doing, other than that I went out and bought the guitar string that I’m going to be using to represent big thick coils of electrical wires – a RotoSound 0.48 looked about the right size, though it could potentially have been even thicker. Currently working on how I’m going to work it into the design and get it to stay in place if I decide to position it a certain way.
Lastly, I finally got round to sculpting some Green Stuff (modelling putty) around the large plastic component that I’d put on its back. I haven’t quite reached the stage of smooth contours and a perfect blend yet, but filling some of the holes and generally creating a base to work from is still a good start. I’m so glad I picked up these colour shapers as well, easily the best tool for this sort of thing. I’ll get some pictures up once it’s done.